World War II in Special Collections: Suggested Materials
Special Collections maintains a variety of materials a researcher of World War II might want to investigate:
Oral History Collection:
Archives and College Publications that may be of use:
- Minutes and Publications
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees Meetings
- Minutes of the Faculty Meetings
- Fraternity Records
- Gettysburg, the alumni magazine (1930 - present)
- Papers of the Office of the President of Getysburg College: Henry W. A. Hanson, 1923 - 1952
- Mercury (1894-present)
- Spectrum (1892-present) LD2001. G305 - (1892-1918 Available Online)
Consult an archivist for assistance with these items.
- Special Collections stacks are closed. To acquire an item, make a request at the reference desk in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- Some materials may be found in the main stacks and can circulate.
Include photographs, maps, ephemera, and manuscripts housed in Special Collections.
These items do not circulate and are available only in Special Collections.
Consult an archivist for assistance with non-pubished materials.
(717) 337-7002 / (717) 337-7046
Gettysburg College Box 420
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Reading Room Hours:
When Classes are in session
M, Th, F : 1 - 5 PM
T, W : 1 - 5 and 6 - 9 PM
By appointment only