Getting Started with OverDrive
This video provides some instructions for accessing our OverDrive titles.
If you're looking for help with browsing and selecting titles, jump to 1:17 in the video. Instructions for downloading books begin at 5:11.
Borrowing OverDrive ebooks
- If prompted, use your Gettysburg College network username and password to download OverDrive ebooks.
- The checkout period is 28 days.
- Renewals are available if no other users have placed a hold on the title. The renew option will appear in your bookshelf three days before the title is scheduled to expire. If the book is on hold, the borrower may be added to the hold queue.
- Books may be returned prior to the 28 day loan period.
- Up to three items can be checked out at a time.
- Place holds on up to five ebooks.
- A high-contrast option for visually impaired users is now available on the "Settings" page of each user's account.
2. Search for Gettysburg College to browse the OverDrive collection.
3. Select your title
4. Login using your Gettysburg username and password.
5. Select your format and download to your device. You may be prompted for your Kindle or Adobe Digital Editions login.
OverDrive Works on These Devices
Follow the links to view video instructions about how to use OverDrive on these devices.