Skip to main content
Interested in Sharing your Story?
If you're interested in becoming a Human Book and sharing your story one-on-one with readers, please sign up here!
For more information, check out The Human Library Organization.
Guidelines for Books
- Be yourself: Be honest and open, talk and listen carefully.
- Please prepare yourself for your role as a Book; be ready to speak and answer questions about your experience.
- If questions become too personal, feel free to decline to answer. As your reader(s) borrowed your Book specifically for your topic, please try to limit your story to that topic. Additional information about yourself should be offered only for illustration.
- Every reader borrowing you will be different, and the reason for choosing your Book can vary greatly. A good question to start the discussion is “Why did you choose my Book?” This will give you a first impression of the reader’s interest.
- The content of the discussion with your readers is confidential.
- Enjoy being a Book!
Here are the details:
- Sessions will run from 10am-12 pm and 2-4 pm on Wed. March 7.
- The event will be held in the Apse (main floor of the library).
- You will have 20 minutes with each reader (or readers).
- There will be breaks between assigned readers. Snacks will be provided.
- Why did you choose my Book?
- What made you decide to become a Human Library Reader?
- How has your perception changed after hearing my story?
- What surprised you most about our conversation?
This guide includes adapted content from Franklin & Marshall College's Human Library guide.
Campus Box 420
300 North Washington Street
Gettysburg, PA 17325